celticworship

Twinmotion FREE!!!!

Mon 13 May 2019 17:01

How is Epic’s version of Twinmotion different from the Twinmotion 2019 version previously available from Abvent?
The new version of Twinmotion from Epic Games offers the following improvements over Twinmotion 2019:
Glow Effects now contribute to global illumination.
Direct Link for ARCHICAD and Revit is now faster and more robust.
Performance has been improved for playback, scene opening, and video export.
All users can now access a shared library for team collaboration, a feature previously only available in Twinmotion Team.
A few features were removed or changed:
It’s no longer possible to browse the BIMobject catalog directly from within Twinmotion; however you can still access the catalog in a separate browser window and download the assets for use in Twinmotion.
The TwinLinker Cloud Presentation platform is no longer available.
Branded assets have been removed from the included asset library, and in most cases replaced with generic ones.
H264 video encoding is now handled directly by the OS instead of using dedicated encoders.
We expect that most customers will benefit from switching to the new version.

Peerman

Re: Twinmotion FREE!!!!

Mon 13 May 2019 17:34

Hmm, I'm not sure how this will benefit at the moment. I hope for more regular updates. But there's not much information at the moment.
Also don't like it that the old site is gone. At least keep it for a couple of months. I would really miss the blogs and community highlights...
Or is it better to change engine and go to Lumion or EyecadVR?

Best,
Peter
iMac late 2017, 4.2 GHz, 32GB RAM, Radeon Vega 64, MacOS Mojave, TwinMotion 2019, Sketchup Pro 2018, Archicad 22

celticworship

Mon 13 May 2019 17:55

We actually stopped using TM... but... can't beat free. Let's hope the paid version will be much better in GI.

What is the new GI Glow?

Peerman

Tue 14 May 2019 06:41

Not sure yet what the new GI glow does.. May I ask what software you are using now (if any)?
I'm also worried that we are going to a subscription based software in November. That would be bad in my opinion.

Best,
Peter
iMac late 2017, 4.2 GHz, 32GB RAM, Radeon Vega 64, MacOS Mojave, TwinMotion 2019, Sketchup Pro 2018, Archicad 22

WUKA

Thu 30 May 2019 09:15

celticworship wrote:How is Epic’s version of Twinmotion different from the Twinmotion 2019 version previously available from Abvent?

It’s no longer possible to browse the BIMobject catalog directly from within Twinmotion; however you can still access the catalog in a separate browser window and download the assets for use in Twinmotion.

Please tell me more about procedure ?
How to do it ??

Cheers
WuKa

WUKA

Thu 30 May 2019 15:59

Do we know what Unreal engine version Epic will implement in NEW Twinmotion ??

Unreal Engine can produce real-time ray-traced transparency, soft shadows, reflections, and other lighting phenomena - but with only Nvidia GTX technology ??
I'm right ?

WuKa

Peerman

Wed 5 Jun 2019 10:43

In the Archicad 23 presentation yesterday they showed the direct link with Twinmotion and a preview of Twinmotion with realtime raytracing. So that is coming at least. Unfortunately probably not for Macs since you need a nvidia card for it which are not supported by Apple :-(

Best,
Peter

Return to “I need help”