saulofeliciano

Best Import Format?

Tue 12 Sep 2017 12:04

Hello Guys.

i am trying to import some external objects to TM library, and I have some troubles to make it works perfectly.

1 - witch is the best format?

Almost every format that I tried to import from others format, the texture don't work as expected. The model comes completely white.

2 - Triangular mesh.

If I try to import from sketchup, some of the models parts ar not smooth in somo points. giving a bad appearance to the render.

Is there a smoothing options to the texture/models? couldn't find anywhere.

Any Clues? tks

Tianxiao

Re: Best Import Format?

Wed 13 Sep 2017 15:25

Hello,

The best format for an imported object is FBX with textures in PNG. About the triangle meshes, there is no smoothing option for triangle meshes in Twinmotion. It has to be well done in SketchUp.
Tianxiao WANG // Community Manager at Abvent
Twinmotion | Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Tutorial

saulofeliciano

Wed 13 Sep 2017 18:20

Tianxiao wrote:Hello,

The best format for an imported object is FBX with textures in PNG. About the triangle meshes, there is no smoothing option for triangle meshes in Twinmotion. It has to be well done in SketchUp.

Hi, the problem is that in sketchup the file is ok, no triangle meshes. The point is that when the file is imported, some of them or even a small part, the meshes appear.

Sometimes if I change with a texture from TM it happens as well.

Tianxiao

Thu 14 Sep 2017 07:22

saulofeliciano wrote:
Tianxiao wrote:Hello,

Hi, the problem is that in sketchup the file is ok, no triangle meshes. The point is that when the file is imported, some of them or even a small part, the meshes appear.

Sometimes if I change with a texture from TM it happens as well.

Could you please send us a screenshot?
Thanks!
Tianxiao WANG // Community Manager at Abvent
Twinmotion | Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Tutorial

Return to “Discussion”