richardmills22

Deleting Painted Vegetation

Tue 19 Feb 2019 17:17

Hello,

Is there a way to completely delete painted vegetation without using the 'erase' tool? We had worked on a model which changed it's z-axis, but the vegetation doesn't move with the surface, so we wanted to delete it and do it again, but there doesn't seem to be a quick way to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Taros Nova

Re: Deleting Painted Vegetation

Wed 20 Feb 2019 07:40

I have experienced the same...when i moved model , vegetation stayed where it was and erase tool could not do anything cause there was no surface under vegetation.

Dont think there is easy fix to this now. A needed to move my model back, delete vegetation and move it again to new place.

For new verison I hope, there will be possible to control painted vegetation at least like this:
- turn it OFF or ON in scene manager - now when You paint, it have to stay there. Sometimes I would want to make some views without it, then turn it on again for different view
- move painted vegetation with mesh on which it was painted !!! it does not make sense, that vegetation stays somewhere in the space when model is moved - I think nobody expects that :-D it should not be hard to constraits its position to parent objects, which was painted on

Martin

APD2010

Tue 19 Mar 2019 21:22

In the vegetation tab, you first have to drag and drop the vegetation you wish to paint into this "folder." If you right click on a particular plant and select "delete," it will erase all painted instances of that plant. Hope this helps.

Taros Nova

Wed 20 Mar 2019 11:47

Hey APD2010,
I did not know this! I am stupid to not found this :-D ...thank You :-)

Return to “I need help”