CamilleSarrut

Re: Abvent releases Artlantis 2019!

Thu 29 Nov 2018 17:33

Well if you paid for V7 after october 22, 2018, V2019 is free !!

In fact this bug is a very tricky one to fix it would mean a lot of changes in the engine, I'm not sure we will fix it.

As a work around, could you just turn off the lights that are behind the walls, by deactivating the lights group in this particular view ?

Best regards,
Camille Sarrut
Abvent R&D

SvenQuasters

Thu 29 Nov 2018 17:51

CamilleSarrut wrote:Well if you paid for V7 after october 22, 2018, V2019 is free !!

Hello Camille, what is the procedure to follow to update our license?
Is this only if you just bought the ATL Studio 7 license, or also for the ATL Render 7 license?

CamilleSarrut

Thu 29 Nov 2018 18:26

Hello,

It is for Studio and Render updated or bought after October 22.

I received an email from Artlantis Community including this:

Free upgrade procedure

Artlantis 7 full licenses and upgrades purchased on or after October 22, 2018, are eligible for a free upgrade to Artlantis 2019. Free upgrade requests can be submitted here and will be processed through May 31, 2019.

link to follow for free upgrade:
https://artlantis.us5.list-manage.com/t ... 72c9430b36

Best regard,
Camille Sarrut
Abvent R&D

tariq_70

Thu 29 Nov 2018 19:16

Thanks Camile for the workaround but as shown in an earlier render I wanted even the lights behind some partitions to remain switched on to lighten up the visible part of spaces (like in an open space kitchen or hall etc. Pity that you have not been able to get it sorted out! I know that it is a long shot but hope your team will be able to come up with a fix in future updates!

digipi

Fri 30 Nov 2018 08:40

CamilleSarrut wrote:
digipi wrote:In my scene, even the earth does not appear - only brown color. (((

The 3D Grass is only visible in final rendering.
It would be too long to generate the grass in Preview.

Best regards,

Thanks (Although there preview is a grass in Twinmotion).
But there is another question - in the test scene while dragging Shaders 3D-grass - texture a ground is added to the surface. But in my scene (from ArchiCAD) there is no texture earth, only brown color. What is the reason?

CamilleSarrut

Tue 4 Dec 2018 17:45

digipi wrote:Thanks (Although there preview is a grass in Twinmotion).

Twinmotion uses an openGL renderer and a different technology for 3D grass.

digipi wrote:But there is another question - in the test scene while dragging Shaders 3D-grass - texture a ground is added to the surface. But in my scene (from ArchiCAD) there is no texture earth, only brown color. What is the reason?

There should be a texture in preview, it might be the size (in meters) of your project that is not correct or its origin is too far from 0,0,0.

I could check if you attach the zipped atla of your scene to this post.

Best regards,
Camille Sarrut
Abvent R&D

digipi

Wed 5 Dec 2018 10:49

CamilleSarrut wrote:
digipi wrote:Thanks (Although there preview is a grass in Twinmotion).

Twinmotion uses an openGL renderer and a different technology for 3D grass.

digipi wrote:But there is another question - in the test scene while dragging Shaders 3D-grass - texture a ground is added to the surface. But in my scene (from ArchiCAD) there is no texture earth, only brown color. What is the reason?

There should be a texture in preview, it might be the size (in meters) of your project that is not correct or its origin is too far from 0,0,0.

I could check if you attach the zipped atla of your scene to this post.

Best regards,

Ok. Link to a file with 3D grass without texture - https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apfwba2VElEullaSEn50Qig-utMl
If I drag 3D-grass on the asphalt road in this file, the texture of the soil is visible. Only brown color is dragged onto other surfaces.
P.S. It would be better if I to have the opportunity to change the color of the 3D grass (yellow (dried), green, light green).

CamilleSarrut

Fri 7 Dec 2018 10:37

digipi wrote:
Ok. Link to a file with 3D grass without texture - https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apfwba2VElEullaSEn50Qig-utMl
If I drag 3D-grass on the asphalt road in this file, the texture of the soil is visible. Only brown color is dragged onto other surfaces.
P.S. It would be better if I to have the opportunity to change the color of the 3D grass (yellow (dried), green, light green).

Thanks for the file.
There are two issues in this file:
First one the perspective views have the Architect Camera active, and it seems to be a problem for the 3D grass rendering, we will fix this shortly, thanks to you !
The 3D grass shader is solid brown in preview on geometry that does not have UV coordinates, we will add a popup in the 3D grass shader inspector to be able to choose a projection different than UV when the geometry does not have UV.

For the change of color, we save your suggestion as a wish, you are not the only one asking for it !
We will improve this feature in future release.

Best regards,
Camille Sarrut
Abvent R&D

digipi

Wed 12 Dec 2018 07:09

CamilleSarrut wrote:
digipi wrote:

Thanks for the file.
There are two issues in this file:
First one the perspective views have the Architect Camera active, and it seems to be a problem for the 3D grass rendering, we will fix this shortly, thanks to you !
The 3D grass shader is solid brown in preview on geometry that does not have UV coordinates, we will add a popup in the 3D grass shader inspector to be able to choose a projection different than UV when the geometry does not have UV.

For the change of color, we save your suggestion as a wish, you are not the only one asking for it !
We will improve this feature in future release.

Best regards,

Thanks for the answer!

Then there are wishes for 3D grass:
1. Make 3D grass in 2-3 different colors on one Shaders (yellow, green, light green grass blades ).
2. Make it possible to change the color of the grass (young, dried, etc.).
3. Make grass blades of different heights on one Shaders (as happens in nature, but now it looks like a carpet).
4. Make the choice of texture under the grass (soil, fallen leaves, 2D-grass, etc.).
5. Adding in the grass of rare flowers, spikelets or weeds.

Thank you!

Return to “Artlantis General”