Madisoncooke

Materials scaling differently on the same object

Wed 21 Mar 2018 13:42

I keep finding random objects that, when dragging a material onto them, will scale the materials strangely as if it were two different objects and two different materials. It has happened in many places with different objects, patterns, materials, and textures, seemingly at random.

I have been able to work around it in the past but it is causing major problems in current projects.

I have attempted deleting and redrawing the object, changing the materials, moving the objects, etc. but it still seems to happen completely at random.
Attachments
Materials scaling different.PNG
The materials scaled in two different ways on the same object.
Materials scaling different.PNG (555.46 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
Materials scaling different, revit.PNG
The objects in Revit.
Materials scaling different, revit.PNG (350.9 KiB) Viewed 1658 times

srasmuss

Re: Materials scaling differently on the same object

Mon 30 Apr 2018 09:47

Same issue here...

fujitasummers

Sun 5 Aug 2018 10:25

That has to be the UV coordinates on the import objects?

APD2010

Tue 19 Mar 2019 21:42

I am having a similar problem. The shingles on my roof will suddenly shrink and change direction on the same roof surface. I have checked my ArchiCAD model and it is completely clean. There are no overlapping roofs and no strange angles. I have no clue what is causing this. I have tried replacing the material and it does not fix the problem. I end up having to Photoshop my renderings after rendering to mask these Twinmotion errors. This is obviously a huge pain. Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Feedback”