tariq_70

Re: Export for new Twinmotion!!!

Wed 4 Sep 2019 10:54

Hi Camile,

One more bug I forgot to mention to you is that when you export in the skp/dwf format from Artlantis the jpg (or else) textures applied onto the object get mirrored in the final skp/dwf output. To reproduce this bug upload any atlo file into Artlantis with an image file applied onto it (ideally with some writing (as is the case with street banners) and then re-import the skp/dwf output into Artlantis! You'll notice that the images are now mirrored!

P.S. But when you export as obj the textures are not mirrored if you imported the obj file back into Artlantis!

Hope this helps,

T

CamilleSarrut

Wed 4 Sep 2019 14:58

tariq_70 wrote:Hi Camile,

One more bug I forgot to mention to you is that when you export in the skp/dwf format from Artlantis the jpg (or else) textures applied onto the object get mirrored in the final skp/dwf output. To reproduce this bug upload any atlo file into Artlantis with an image file applied onto it (ideally with some writing (as is the case with street banners) and then re-import the skp/dwf output into Artlantis! You'll notice that the images are now mirrored!

P.S. But when you export as obj the textures are not mirrored if you imported the obj file back into Artlantis!

Hope this helps,

T

Thanks.
With Artlantis 2019, I have tried to export a scene with a texture to SKP and DWF and import it back, but I lost the texture in both cases....
Did you use Artlantis 2019 or another version ?
Camille Sarrut
Abvent R&D

tariq_70

Wed 4 Sep 2019 18:56

Camile, try to apply a jpg image onto an object (you could check the street lights that have banners with a jpg image associated to them to have an idea!). Please don't use the Artlantis shaders as they won't be exported!

CamilleSarrut

Thu 5 Sep 2019 08:34

tariq_70 wrote:Camile, try to apply a jpg image onto an object (you could check the street lights that have banners with a jpg image associated to them to have an idea!). Please don't use the Artlantis shaders as they won't be exported!

It is what I did, an atlo with a jpeg applied to one of its materials. It has not been exported... in Artlantis 2019.
Which Artlantis version did you use ?
Camille Sarrut
Abvent R&D

tariq_70

Thu 5 Sep 2019 16:12

Camile, I don't understand why you couldn't reproduce this bug because I'm using the latest 2019 Artlantis version! I'm sending you an atlo object which you could use for testing (check your mail box)!

So upload the object into Artlantis then export it into the skp format then re-import the skp file into Artlantis, you should notice that the jpg images are now mirrored!

Return to “Artlantis General”